Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Confused State





I had started this piece a few years ago but it wasn't quite working out how I had envisioned, so I put it away on a shelf.  I just picked it up recently and decided that it didn't have to remain a failure of sorts, that I would  start fresh and take it in another direction. 

Originally I started with a layer of spackling compound mixed with pale yellow acrylic paint.  Once it was dry, I painted a layer of blue tones with acrylic paint.  I used the cutting wheel on my Dremel to cut out the lines forming rectangles and squares.  From there I applied various images, papers and fabric.